FBA Revenue Calculator - Ship to Amazon?

I was just researching products and inputting values in the FBA Revenue Calculator, and wasn’t sure what to enter in the “Ship to Amazon” field:

Does anyone know how to determine this? Even if I know the dimensions and weight of the package, how am I supposed to know how far away the Amazon fulfillment center is?

1 Like

Great question - I’m also curious!

@randy1 We typically assume $0.55/pound for our initial margin estimate. At the top of the calculator it usually gives you item weight.

You may want to run your cost to ship to see what the average rate per pound you get is. You won’t know the actual shipping cost until you build out a sample shipment.

Ship to Amazon is actually your total shipping fee of the product from supplier to the Amazon warehouse. It includes the costs like cost of the product, freight forwarder charges, molding fee if any, import and custom clearance fee. In fact it includes all costs that you incur to ship your product to the warehouse.

@Hamza655 The $0.55/pound estimate is for shipping within the continental US. If importing, you are correct that there are more costs to factor in. I usually would split these off separately rather than attributing all to the shipping cost.

This is old conversation but wanna add some extra information about shipping cost. as you have seen nowadays amazon changing its policies which directly effects on shipment charges too. So its varies nowadays and I choose prepcenter for it who manage my all products shipments.
By the way I got good information related to shipment in above comments.