Keeping track of filtered products?

So I do have the Product Sourcing SOPs and am trying to figure out how to filter out products that may show up under multiple sellers.

We do have a spreadsheet set up to keep track of the sellers whose products we have scanned but arn’t sure how to filter out repetitive products.

What is the best way to manage the list of products that we have already gone through?

Hi @APlusSeller,

If a product continually makes it through the filters when extracting competitors, there isn’t currently a great way to filter it out in the SOPs. If it meets criteria, it basically slips down to the “Check Your CRM” step before it quits being treated as a newly discovered product.

If you wish to track all products extracted similar to the way competitors are tracked, I would recommend creating another Google worksheet (if you haven’t already). This worksheet will contain a ton of data after awhile. There are a few ways to remove duplicates from sheets that I learned from [this article]. If you are a Google Sheet wizard, you may be able to do a vlookup and insert data function from all extractions sheets to know if you are adding a duplicate. I’ll look into this a bit and see what I can figure out.

(How to Remove Duplicates in Google Sheets in Five Different Ways)

Isn’t the “Check Your CRM” step more for identifying brands and not so much the products? I was just wondering because the SOP does not seem to address that.

I will try filtering them out of a spreadsheet but it does seem unwieldy and rather tedious. Especially since it would have to remove the last entry.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

@APlusSeller yes, the “Check Your CRM” step is more for identifying the brand but it is also the only step limiting the amount of work you do on the product line in the extraction.

Filtering them out of a spreadsheet may likely be tedious and unwieldy.

One thing I’ve done to filter out duplicates in other sheets involves data validation. You go to Data ->Data Validation, select the range to validate (ASIN column in this instance), put the criteria to “custom formula is” and enter in “=countif($A$2:A2,A2)=1” if column A is the ASIN. On invalid data, select reject input.

You might give it a shot if you want to pursue this further.

1 Like