Success habits vs failure habits

2020 is upon us and for many, now is a time for new year’s resolutions.

Sadly, most of these resolutions (lose weight, make more money, find love, etc…) will never become a reality.

Why?

Because they are not supported by an action plan that makes achieving these goals the likely outcome.

What do I mean?

In order to achieve more, you need to have a clearly defined action plan, supported by a set of daily & weekly habits. Without this in place, your goals are nothing more than things you hope to achieve, and I can assure that hope is not a strategy for success.

Hoping that the train coming towards you on the tracks doesn’t kill you is not nearly as effective as simply moving out of the way!

In my prior emails, I’ve been talking a great deal about a book called The Slight Edge.

Over the holidays, I mentioned this book to several of my friends and did my best to encourage them to read it.

If you have started to read the book, I’d love for you to share your biggest take away so far. Do it now, ok? Even if it is only a sentence or two.

In my case, my biggest take away has been that I now think about how to “Slight Edge” pretty much everything in my life…and as a result, forming important daily habits has become much easier for me.

I now have a habit app on my phone called Productive and each day, I’m reminded of the following habits:

1. Read 10 pages of a book
  2. Minimum of 20 minutes of cardio
  3. 20 minutes of meditation
  4. Write in my gratitude journal
  5. Take a few moments and consciously think about something specific that I appreciate about my wife and daughter

By starting my day at 5:30, I have plenty of time for all of the above and it is a fantastic way to start my day!

As for my action plan, I have my “big rocks” for the first 90 days of 2020 already committed to writing, supported by a detailed action plan to achieve them. My wife and I then review this plan vs our progress each month so that we can see if we are on track or not.

If you have goals you are committed to achieving in your business in 2020, I encourage you to take the same approach.