Virtual Assistant Using Email

Hi Bright Ideas Tribe,
I have heard many of you describe using a VA for sending emails to prospective suppliers, does your VA use your email, or do they have their own? And for those of you that a VA uses their own email, how have their results been?

Hi Grant,

I would recommend having them send from your email but I’m hoping others who have had them send from their own email might chime in here.

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for your input and reply. Do your VA’s reply back to emails from prospective brands, or do you just have them send the initial outreach and then handle the replies you receive. I would also be interested to hear what others who have their VA’s send from their own VA email address have to say as well.

Grant,

We’ve had them do both before. I haven’t had a lot of success with them handling our replies though. I’m not sure if a template with responses is too rigid but the replies came out funky. If you have a VA who speaks solid english, you might have them try with and without response templates. If they do a good job, it would take a fair amount of work off of your plate.

Hi Mitch,
Thanks for all of the intel. It would be great if I could have a VA handle replying to prospective suppliers, as this would really take a lot of work off my plate as you mentioned, but I agree that it seems like replying back to prospective suppliers would be too complicated for a VA to handle unless they have exceptional English skills. I wonder, do any of you others in the Bright Ideas Tribe have experience with this? And how were your results?