Epic day today. We won a new account worth $10K+/mo in gross profit. Only took me two years from the first time I spoke with them until now.
Got a “we are definitely doing business together. I’m firing 2 of my 4 sellers and adding you as soon as they sell through” from another account that should be worth $50K to $80K/mo in revenue.
I also have at least 10 really solid leads and I expect to win 2-3 of them at a minimum. Another 20 leads that will need nurturing.
If I had to guess, within 90 days, our revenue will be up over $100K/mo.
Here’s a few take aways from my time at the conference over the last few days:
- Strong selling brands get pitched far more than you can imagine
- Some sellers even offer bribes ($10K cash under the table) to get account approval (didn’t work)
- Everyone’s pitch sounds the same (we’ll help you remove unauthorized sellers and increase sales)
So how do you break through?
- Rapport is the key to creating opportunities and winning accounts. If they don’t like/trust you, you have no chance in hell.
- Content plays a role in building trust. Your smile plays a role in generating rapport.
- Be persistent. (email & the phone is great for this)
- Go after brands that aren’t yet on everybody’s radar screen. Look for brands that are the up and comers.
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND KNOW WTF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.
There is a MOUNTAIN of opportunity in wholesale. There is a never ending supply of new brands. You simply have to hustle your ass off to get/keep them, and to do that, you have to want it REALLY BAD.
If you aren’t bringing your A-game, don’t bother even trying. You will get beat (every time) by those that did bring their A-game.